"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Friday, May 23, 2014

Mind Muser
By: Kieran

*None of this is from the book.*

    Today, Dad flew the J-3 again, but without Mom knowing he was flying the plane. He also threw water balloons like what Mom told him not to do on the house (instead of his shoes like another time) so I think Mom will be extremely angry at him. I watched him fly the plane out of the window of my room with the Japanese binoculars to watch Dad in the sky flying his plane. I didn’t tell Mom that he was flying the plane because I liked to watch him fly, but I still really wanted to fly in the plane with Dad again.

    I got a little bored and decided to call my old friend Kieran over. I asked Mom for the phone book, but she didn’t know where it was. I asked Dad where the phone book was after he landed his plane.

    “I threw it on the house over there when I was flying the plane,” Dad said.

    “What!? Why did you do that!?”

    “I ran out of water balloons to throw,  so I tried to find anything else to throw at the house and I found the phone book to throw.”

    I went over to the house, and found the phone book ripped and with the pages scattered on the ground. “It must have scraped against the shingles,” I said to myself. I searched for Kieran’s number and finally found it on the last page I collected on the dirt. I went back home, grabbed the phone and dialed his number.

    “Hello? Hi Mr. Watters. Can Kieran come over to play today? No I don’t want any bread. I want Kieran over, and can I talk to him? No I don’t want to talk to ham. I want to talk to Kieran.”

    “Hi Jack! I haven’t talked to you in a long time!” said Kieran

    “Do you want to come over to my house right now? Your mom said yes!”

    “Sure. I’ll be right over.”

    Kieran came to my house at about 2:00pm. We played almost the whole day, and called his mom again to ask if he was allowed to have a sleepover at my house. He was allowed, but his dad said he had to come back to his house at 2:00am! Kieran still stayed over for the sleep over though. It was lucky that he brought his PJ’s and toothbrush to my house. We got ready for bed and went to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment