"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Jordan's Mind Muser: School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari

Chapter 7.

EVERYONE'S AFRAID OF SOMETHING:
Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of
going to school.


At 9:00pm, the Farmington’s bus station was completely vacant except for Madeline, Lulu, Theo, their respective parents, Garrison and a little girl, who quietly sat 5 inches away from Garrison on his pew.
“You like sports?” The little girl piped up, staring at the baseball cards in his hands. “Yes, in fact, I do! I play many sports like baseball, soccer and many others.” Garrison said, puffing out his chest.
“Do you even play swimming sports? How I just, love, LOVE swimming. It’s the best thing ever. Like one time Kiki got to close and Franny pushed her right in so hilarious, right?” Garrison grew more and more petrified by the minute.
“Did you know 16 kids under the age of 5 died in swimming pools in 2003?” Theo said. Lulu just rolled her eyes and sighed. “Lucy, don’t act so rude.” Mrs. Punchalower said trying to uphold the family reputation in the most regal way possible.
“But I’m not, mom.”
“What did I tell you about calling me that?”
“I said I’m sorry Mother.” Lulu turned away and silently mimicked her mother with a silly face that Madeline had to put a hand over her mouth to keep her from snorting.
Poor Garrison was petrified on the ground and the little girl just kept droning on, making it worse. “Then, Justine just saw the hugest, most ghastly, wasp-.” the girl was cut short by Madeline.
“I’m sorry, but did you say wasp? I must’ve misheard you.” she said in the most casual face she could summon up and spraying a nearby bug with bug spray. “Oh no need! You heard me quite well! Like I said, it was huge and had the stinger the size of a-”
“I have no regret to inform you, that I wish to refrain from the subject of crawlies or bugs or anything of the sort.”
“Why?”
“You would find it most accurate that I have an abnormal fear of them.”
“Oh I would guess so!” the girl said nodding her head in a fast motion. “That why you’re here! To go to the-” she was about to finish, but then had a small conversation in her mind if it was ok to go on. Madeline and Lulu raised an eyebrow at each other and turned to look back at the strange girl. The little girl then leaned over and whispered.
“School of Fear.”

 
  

2 comments:

  1. HOW DO U POST ON THIS???????? D': I sent my mindmuser to Mrs. O'Hara, but i dont think she got it.

    Annoyed, and seeking an answer,
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Mrs. O'Hara sign in, then you can post.

    ReplyDelete