"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Andra's Mind Muser! Awake and Dreaming.


I was just talking to my friends about my trip to Vancouver when I saw the new girl walk in the classroom. She wore new plaid pants, with a matching green sweater and a red vest. Her name was Theo.  She was placed at the table with Jasmin, Will and my best friend Elise. I couldn’t help but overhear their conversation.  

“Did anyone watch The birds on Saturday night?” I heard Jasmin say.

“I did!” I heard Will reply. “My parents were-” I got cut off from Ms. Trembley asking me a question about South Africa.  

“How many colors are there in the South African flag?”

“Um… 5 or 6?”

“6 Andra,” she said, “You were kind of right.” and Mrs.Trembley walked away.

I went back to my eavesdropping. It’s looks like I haven’t missed much. They were still talking about The birds.

“...must be very brave.” I heard Elise said, “I can’t watch movies like that.”  That is when I decided to join in the conversation.

“Did you know that the second one is coming out later this year?” I asked.

“I know! I saw the trailer for it!” Jasmin said. “It looks scarier than the first one!”

Ms. Trembley walked towards us. “Did you hear what I just said?”  Neither of us dared to say anything. “I thought so.” she walked away, “You can chit-chat at recess, but now it is time to learn.”

Ms. Trembely was talking about South Africa but I wasn’t really paying attention. I was thinking about Theo. How I think I saw her before on my vacation to Vancouver. When me and my mom were in Vancouver going shopping. I saw a girl begging. Dancing to the Nutcracker song I think. Maybe that was her evil twin or something. Right at that thought, the bell for recess woke me up from my daydreams.  

I decided to be friends with her. At recess, we talked with each other. And during the week, we played with each other and worked with each other. But one day she started to fade.

Or was I fading? I don’t know but I didn’t see Theo unless she like shook me or something. I couldn’t see her. All of this was going fast. So fast that It made me dizzy! I thought that maybe she left the school.
So I asked Ms. Trembley.

“Ms. Trembely, has Theo left the school?” I asked Ms. Trembley.

“What do you mean?”

“Well I haven’t seen her for a long time.”  

“Of course not!” Ms. Trembley laughed, “Stop asking me silly questions and go outside for recess.”

Maybe it’s only me, but I have to confirm that. So I got an idea of asking the other peers in my class if they noticed it too.

“Have you seen Theo anywhere?” I asked Jasmin, Will and Elise.

“No! I actually haven’t seen her for a long time.” said Elise, “Have you guys?”

They both shook their head.

“Ok, thanks.” I said.

I just couldn’t fall asleep. I was tossing and turning, thinking about Theo. I eventually fell asleep. But I woke up in the hotel in Vancouver, my mom calling me for breakfast.

“Eat up your breakfast fast. We don’t want to miss the ferry to Vancouver.”

On the ferry, I couldn’t think about anything except that dream. Or was it a dream and was Theo having the same dream in her point of view? And how do you pee in your dream? When I have a dream and I pee, I usually wake up wet. I knew that none of these questions can be answered. But was it really a dream?

Bold is from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment