"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Thursday, May 16, 2013



By: Luke and Gary Paulsen

     The memory was like a knife cutting into us, the secret, divorce and anger.

   "Luke!" cried out Brian, I turned and laughed at what I saw, because what I saw was, Brian covered in flies; then it started happening to me and they went into my nose and all around me, surrounding me. When the sun came up completely the bugs went away the swelling came on, we could barely see anything our eyes were forced to nearly shut completely.
   "I can barely see!" I said.
   "Well swellings or not we still need water, I’m so thirsty!" said Brian.
   "Yeah," I replied. So Brian went on the log - the one hanging over the lake-and drank, and drank, and drank.
   "Hey! Don’t drain the lake! I still want some water!" then he came back to shore and I went out, then I drank, and drank, and drank. But when I turned back, I saw vomit on the sand.
   "That yours?" I pointed to the vomit on the shore, and Brian said, "Yep."
Then I vomited into the lake.
   "Hey!" I said, "We still need food!"
   "Yeah!" said Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment