"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


Just before collapsing from lack of food, water and rest I saw it. The most beautiful thing I had seen in what seemed like the longest time; a light. I had been in this tunnel for days without food and water. The light stung my eyes it had been so long since I had been outside. I could feel the wind on my skin I felt like I was in heaven the sun warming me with the wind blowing the sweet smell of flowers and grass over me. I couldn't believe it all that time trapped in the cave and now I was free and I could go home I couldn't wait to see my family again and talk to them and finally be safe.
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment