"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Persistence & Grit

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
 
What does the above quote mean to you?

5 comments:

  1. It means that Michael Jordan has failed many times, But he learns from his mistakes and does better the next time. For example, I may not do good on my math test, but I will learn from the mistakes and continue to do better than before.

    -Aidan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this quote from the hockey player michael jordan means that no matter how many times me miss fail lose or fall on of faces we should always get bkack up and try again. I also think that It means nobody is good at everything so you should persue what you know you are passionate about and try hard to be the best in it even if you fail a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means that no matter how many times he fails he succeeds because he is strong enough to try again. It also mans that he learns from his mistakes and he knows he can only get better. There is a sign right in our classroom that says "success is measured by effort" which is exactly what this means.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it means that he just keeps trying, no matter how many times he fails. I think that he has a very good trait to have, especially when you are playing sports, or in school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quote means that even if u fail 100 000 000 times you can still acheive a high goal and set a higher bar for yourself. Also, I like this quote.

    ReplyDelete