"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Learning Skills - Prezi

Criteria For Interview Prezi 
Note - You will be sharing your Prezi with your families during Interview Time
  • Contains at LEAST 6 slides – each slide should be a short paragraph
  • 3 goals (wishes)
  • 3 accomplishments (stars)
  • Explains why you have chosen each star and wish – justify it with examples from class
  • Wishes – 1 should be a learning skill, 1 academic, 1 of your choice
  • Stars – 1 should be a learning skill, 1 academic, 1 of your choice
  • Wishes – describe what you will do to accomplish this goal (example: work on it at home, follow criteria better, share ideas more in class)
Understanding the Learning Skills
Independent Work
-Stay on task and focused when working in class
-Follow teacher instructions without reminders
-able to complete independent work independently because I listened and paid attention to the lesson when Mrs. O'Hara was teaching
Responsibility
-Have school supplies in class (not left at home, not left in backpack)
-returning items that are supposed to be signed
-Make sure you are on your best behaviour and you think before you act
- Come to class prepared to learn, complete homework every night
- Visit the classroom Blog on a regular basis to comment, complete assignments, or post ideas that are well detailed
 Organization
-School supplies are organized (your sheets are in your binders neatly and properly; you take care of your items; your desk is clean)
-Your school work is organized and neat
-You use your agenda to keep timelines (bringing in things at a scheduled time like gym clothes, money, homework, projects)
 Collaboration
-Use kind words to your classmates and listen to their ideas
-You help your group by offering ideas
-You don’t distract your group members; you make sure you stay on task
-Try to solve conflicts with kind words
-Works well with others in small and large group situations; is a group member that participates
- Establishes a healthy relationship with everyone in the class
- Takes on a leadership role during group work
- Shares information in class discussions that shows critical thinking
- Contributes to classroom discussions on a regular basis
 Self-Regulation
-Use teacher feedback (written/oral conversations and meetings with Mrs. O'Hara) and apply it to my work next time
-Look for ways to improve (Goal setting) by being self reflective and assessing my own strengths and weaknesses
-develop strategies for myself to improve my work
-I check the criteria that has been created for any task I need to complete
 Initiative
-Try to solve any problems or questions by myself, before asking Mrs. O'Hara
-Have a positive attitude about class activities and I always make sure I am doing my best work
-Look for ways to add detail and extra effort to my work
-Willing to share ideas in small and large group situations
- I seek help when needed, and help others if I see a need
Star Example Paragraph:
I think I did really well in collaboration on my learning skills.  Any time there was either partner or group work, I made sure I stayed on task and fulfilled my responsibilities.  I didn’t sit around simply waiting for my group members to complete the tasks.  I made sure that I contributed and that I listened to the ideas of all my group members.  I allowed them to voice their ideas and questions and did not try to talk over them so that I could be heard.  I waited for my turn to speak after making sure I listened to my group members.  I also made sure that everyone in my group understood how we were completing the task.  I made certain that everyone had a role they could play _- I did not take over and do it all myself.  Instead, I made sure we worked as a team.  I also made sure that I collaborated in any class discussions we were having.  I wanted to be an active participant in my learning so I voiced my ideas and opinions whenever we were talking as a class.  This way Mrs. O'Hara could see if I was following the lesson and I myself could see if I was understanding what we were talking about!
 Wish Example Paragraph:
I need to try to add more detail to all of the tasks that I complete.  Sometimes my blog responses were extremely brief and lacked detail.  I often rushed to complete my tasks instead of taking my time.  I need to make sure that I am constantly checking the criteria that we create in class to ensure that I am meeting the expectations of my teacher.  I also need to read over everything I do and ask myself : “Is there any room for further detail?  Can I explain myself more clearly somewhere?”  Everything I submit for assessment needs to reflect my true potential and show what I am really capable of.  I can also ask some of my classmates to read my work over before I submit it.  I will choose classmates who always put 100 percent into everything they do, to read over my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment