"The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is not always master- something that at times strangely wills and works for itself."
Charlotte Bronte

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cat's Mind Muser - AWESOMENESS OVERLOAD (maybe)

Tris


“Back inside, the others have picked their beds and put their things down. It’s just us in here, no intruders. I lean against the wall by the door and push my palms down the front of my pants to get the sweat off.”


I look to the side of the beds and see a piece of paper taped to the wall. The note says:


Tomorrow there will be private tours for all the new-comers that feel up to it. Tours will start at 9:00 sharp. Every room will have a tour guide, waiting for anyone to come. At nine tours will start, and tour guides are told to not restart.
After a good night’s sleep, I decide to accept the tour to learn more about outside the fence. We all go on private tours, which makes me nervous thinking that I won’t be able to stay with Tobias, but it doesn’t matter. Just in case, I bring my knife.


We are all led to different rooms, and apparently we are going on like a stations-like procedure. I am led into a classroom, but the only person is a young girl, about 12, and she looks up at me with her bright eyes and gives me a warm smile.


“Hello,” she says. “I’m Catherine. You are Beatrice, right?” I’m about to correct her, but she does that herself.


“Oh, yes. Tris. I’m sorry, I forgot!” I smile. She is so polite, but seems scared of me. That’s when I realize I still had my knife. Carefully, without trying to scare her, I place the knife on the table. Immediately she takes it and puts it in one of the drawers farthest from me. She’s smart, and I would have done the same if the roles were switched, I guess.


“Let’s start the tour now, shall we?” she says.


“Catherine! I was supposed to do the tour, not you!” David walks into the room, scolding Catherine.
“Aw, I was just about to start!” she whines, pouting.

“Catherine, your classes are about to start,” David says, frowning. Catherine walks away without a word, obviously trying to conceal her disappointment.


Red and bolded is taken from the story, Blue is from me, Black is not part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment